CBSE Proficiency Test
- It will be optional in nature. Only those students who wish to take this test willingly may appear.
- There will be separate test in each of the five main subjects viz English, Hindi, Social Science, Mathematics and Science.
- A student may appear in one or more subject (s) according to his/her choice. One test will be held on a single day.
- It will be a paper-pen test to be administered on the same day across all willing schools in the country.
- The proposed proficiency test is likely to be conducted in the month of May/June next year (2011).The exact schedule will be notified later.
- Students wishing to appear in the test will have to pay separate examination fee for the same. This fee is likely to be in the range of Rs.500/- to Rs.1000/- for all the subjects. The schools will be informed about the exact amount of fee and its submission mode at a later stage.
- Any student studying in Secondary or Senior secondary school affiliated to CBSE and has appeared in Class-X final examination (School conducted or Board conducted ) is eligible for this test.
- Students appearing in the optional proficiency test will be issued a joint certificate by CBSE and the collaborating agency indicating percentile rank.