RULES FOR IMPROVEMENT OF PERFORMANCE IN CBSE EXAMS
1) The candidates who have passed an examination of the Board may reappear at the examination in the succeding year for improving their performance in a subject(s) or in the whole examination except failing subject provided they have not pursued higher studies in the meantime, candidate who has passed under vocation stream can re-appear in the succeding year or in the following year they should appear as private candidate. Those reappearing in the whole examination and if permitted by the school may appear as regular school candidate in full subject also. However, the candidates shall not be allowed for improvement of performance after a lapse of one year after passing the examination under any circumstances.
2) The last date for submission of form and fee for the improvement examination shall be the same as prescribed for regular or private candidates as the case may be.
3) The mark sheet and certificate need not be surrendered by the candidate to the Board while submitting their application form for improvement of performance.
4) The candidates will be issued a mark-sheet indicating their performance for improvement examination. No fresh certificate will be issued.
5) Candidates appearing at Second/Fourth chance Compartment Examination to be held in March/April will not be eligible for improvement of his/her performance in any other subject along with the compartment subject.
6) Candidates cannot appear for improvement of performance and Additional subject together in which he/she has not appeared in the previous year.
7) Candidate appearing for improvement in the Subject (s), involving practicals will have to appear only in theory Examination. The old marks of practical will be taken into account.
8) In the subject(s) where Practical Examination is involved, seperate pass in theory & Practical examination as also in the aggregate of the two will be compulsory.