WB JEM NOTIFICATION
WBJEE 2009 WEST BENGAL JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION FOR ADMISSION TO PROFESSIONAL DEGREE COURSES [MEDICAL/ENGINEERING / PHARMACY] 2009
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
WEST BENGAL JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS BOARD
AQ-13/1, SECTOR – V, SALT LAKE CITY, KOLKATA – 700 091.
JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION, 2009 (JEM-2009)
Applications are invited from Indian Citizens for admission to undergraduate courses in Engineering/Technology/ Medical/Dental and Pharmacy in Universities/Colleges in West Bengal and B. Arch Course in Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur and Jadavpur University for the academic session 2009-2010, on the basis of a JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION, to be conducted by the "WEST BENGAL JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS BOARD". Detailed information will be available in the Information Brochure which will be served along with Application Form and in the websites: www.wbjeeb.in and www.csc-et.org.
Scheme of Examination:
Availability of Courses for admission through “JEM-2009”
Subjects to be appeared - JEM-2009
Type of form to
Engineering & Technology / B.Arch. / Dairy Technology / Agricultural Engineering / Pharmacy
Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry.
Medical / Dental / Pharmacy
Biological Sciences, Physics & Chemistry
Engineering & Technology / B. Arch. / Dairy Technology / Agricultural Engineering / Pharmacy / Medical / Dental
Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biological Sciences
Schedule of Examination (JEM-2009) :
Date of Examination
9.30 a.m. to
12.30 p.m. to
3.30 p.m. to
Physics (50 marks) & Chemistry (50 marks)
Eligibility Criteria : The applicant must be a citizen of India and should have passed the H.S.(10+2) or its equivalent examination. The general candidates must have to secure at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology taken together (40% for SC/ST candidates) and at least 30% marks in English (for all categories). In addition, candidates must secure at least pass marks in the subjects individually including vernacular (or any other fifth subject) as mentioned below:
B.E/B.Tech./B.Arch :Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and vernacular or any other fifth subject.
M.B.B.S/B.D.S. : Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English and vernacular or any other fifth subject.
PHARMACY: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology, English and vernacular or any other fifth subject.
For MBBS and BDS courses : In addition to the aforesaid eligibility criteria, the general candidates must have to secure at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biological Sciences taken together (40% for SC/ST) in the Joint Entrance Examination, W.B.
Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in 2009 will be allowed to sit for JEM-2009 provisionally and their admission, if merit listed, will be subjected to satisfying the minimum requirements of eligibility as specified above.
Age Restriction: Candidates must be 17 (seventeen) years of age or above as on 31.12.2009. There is no upper age limit except for the Marine Engineering course for which the upper age limit is 20 years as on 01.01.2009.
Residential Requirements: Candidates desirous of seeking admission to Government Engineering / Technology Colleges, Govt. Medical and Dental Colleges as well as to Private Medical and Dental Colleges, must have been residing in the State of West Bengal continuously at least for last 10 (ten) years as on 31.12.2008 or their parents must be permanent resident of West Bengal having their permanent home addresses in the State of West Bengal.
Reservation :Reservation for SC/ST/PC candidates are as per State Govt. Rules.
Examination Centre: To be located in the State of West Bengal and Tripura.
Cost of Application Form : The Application Kit (i.e., prescribed printed application form along with Information Brochure and a printed envelope) will be available from different Branches of United Bank of India (as specified below) on payment of Rs.500/- (for E / M type Form) and Rs.600/- for C type Form in cash .
Sale of Application form : The Application Kit will be available from 28.11.2008 to 31.12.2008 at the following Branches of UNITED BANK OF INDIA : Old Court House St., College St, Sealdah, Hatibagan, Jadavpur, Behala, Mayukh Bhawan – Salt Lake, BESU Shibpur, Asansol, Durgapur City Centre, Burdwan (Main Branch), Katwa (Station Rd.), Serampore, Chinsurah, Arambag, Kalyani, Krishnagar, Barasat, Diamond Harbour, Kolaghat, Haldia, Kharagpur, Suri, Bolpur, Bankura, Purulia, Berhampur, Raiganj, Balurghat, Malda, Siliguri, Darjeeling (25, H.D. Lama Rd.) Jalpaiguri, Coochbehar, Agartala (Tripura) on all working days between banking hours on payment of requisite fee.
The Application Kit may also be obtained by Post from the Board’s Office on application with an additional fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees one hundred) only. The total amount (i.e., cost of application form plus Rs.100/-) has to be paid by Demand Draft drawn in favour of “WEST BENGAL JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS BOARD” payable at Howrah/Kolkata. The last date for request by post for application-kit is 18.12.2008 and the last date for receipt of completed application form by Speed Post only is 14.01.2009. Request for application form received beyond the stipulated date as mentioned above will not be entertained and the Board shall not be held responsible in any manner whatsoever for such non-receipt arising out of postal delay. The Application Kit may also be obtained from the Board’s Office only with payment of late fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) in addition to the actual cost of the form. The whole amount is to be paid through a Bank Draft to be drawn in favour of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board” payable at Kolkata / Howrah from 01.01.2009 to 07.01.2009. The application form once purchased cannot be returned or replaced.
How to Apply : The duly filled in application form must be sent in the printed envelope received by the candidate within the Application Kit by SPEED POST only so as to reach the office of the Board by 14.01.2009. Submission of Application Form by hand or courier service will not be accepted.
1. Sale of Application Kit ( from listed UBI Branches) : 28.11.2008 to 1.12.2008
2. Last date for (a) Receipt of request for Application Kit “by post” : 18.12.2008
(b) Receipt of duly filled in applications “by Speed post” only : 14.01.2009
- AFMC MBBS Entrance 2009 Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) Pune
- NCHMCT JEE 2009 : NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR HOTEL MANAGEMENT AND CATERING TECHNOLOGY
- UP Tech : UPTU SEE -2009 “UP Technical University SEE 2009 ”
- 816 more seats at GGS Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)
- Some AIEEE COUNSELING TIPS
- All India Institute For Medical Science Exams, AIIMS 2009
- University of Lucknow MBA Admissions, 2009
- BITSAT 2009 Syllabus
- BITSAT 2009 - Birla Institute of Science & Technology Admission Notification 2009
- Engineering College Admissions ~
- MANIPAL UNIVERSITY ADMISSIONS 2009 Post Graduate Programs in Medicine & Dentistry Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal College of Dental Sciences
- U.P TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW UPTECH Entrance Exam 2009
- Important Questions for AIEEE - AIEEE Question Papers
- List of Engineering Entrance Examinations 2009
- Common Proficiency Test (CPT) Exam 2009 goes online
- IIT JAM 2009 Application Seats and Programmes
- CISE-Certified Information Security Expert Exam......CEH-Certified Ethical Hacker ~ CBSE
- JEST 2009 Exam Notice -Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST)
- Press Release~ AIEEE 2009
- AIEEE 2009 application forms ~ Banks List
- AIEEE 2009 Exam Information !
- PGI Chandugarh 2009, PG Medical Entrance Exam, Medical Entrance Exam 2009, MBBS in India Dates, Notification Free Exam Alerts, Solved Question Paper
- AIPGMEE 2009 - All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination Notice 2009
- UPSC CMS 2009 Combined Medical Services Examination 2009
- AIPMT 2009, CBSE AIPMT, All India Pre Medical/ Dental Entrance Exam Dates, Medicine in India, MBBS Entrance, Medical Entrance Exam2008, MBBS in India