Some AIEEE COUNSELING TIPS
AIEEE results are out and students would surely be looking for the best college they can get according to their ranks.
In 2005 the closing rank was around 3600.
So, seeing this trend I expect the closing rank to jump a bit more this yr.
But I would also suggest to look for private colleges which are not included in the central counseling like- Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information Technology (DAIICT) (AIR 7000-9000) Laxmi Nivas Mittal Institute of Information Technology (LNMIIT) (AIR 9000-11000) Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology (TIET) (AIR 5000-9000) Punjab Engineering College (PEC) (AIR 3000-6000) Indraprastha University, Delhi Nirma Institute of Technology (NIT) (AIR 10000-15000)
Apart from this, if you get confused during central counseling:
1) Prefer branch over college, if you are getting IT in a college and Chemical in a better college and your interest is in IT then prefer previous college over latter.
2) Try to limit your choices while filling AIEEE central counseling form. NEVER go for a choice which you are not interested in, else you would be in trouble, rather go for 2nd form and dropout.
3) Refer opening and closing rank of previous year and make decisions accordingly.
4) Try to contact a person who is currently studying in the respective college or your mentor.
5) Seeing the placements I would suggest you to prefer IIIT-Hyderabad and IIIT-Allahabad over DCE and NSIT.
Other colleges --
1) Jaypee Institute of Information Technology (Through AIEEE rank)
2) Manipal Institute of Technology (Own Entrance test)
3) Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) (Not through AIEEE -- takes its own entrance test)
Above mentioned colleges can accommodate you if your AIEEE rank is under 35000.
For above 35000 ranks go for private colleges in Pune, Jaipur, Delhi or Bangalore. Thanks