POSTGRADUATE INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL EDUCATION & RESEARCH (PGIMER), CHANDIGARH
PGI CHANDIGARH ADMISSION NOTICE 2009 for Postdoctoral/Postgraduate courses and Ph. D. programme
ADMISSION NOTICE NO. 81/2008 - (New - Updated on Sept. 28, 2009 )
Last Date For Receipt Of Application : 27.10.2008 (upto 4.00 PM)
PGI CHANDIGARH ADMISSION NOTICE 2008 for Postdoctoral/Postgraduate courses and Ph. D. programme
Applications on the prescribed form are invited for the following Postdoctoral/Postgraduate courses and Ph. D. programme for the academic session starting from 1st January, 2009.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED AND NO CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE MADE IN THIS REGARD.
1. First Year Junior Resident (For MD/MS courses)
Anaesthesia (Gen:3, SC:2, Spon:3, FN:2)
Biochemistry (Gen:1, OPH:1 OBC:1 Spon:1)
Community Medicine (Gen:1, OBC– 1, Spon – 1)
Dermatology (OPH:1, OBC:1, FN:1)
ENT (Gen:2, SC:1, OBC:1, Spon:1, FN:1)
Forensic Medicine (Gen:1, Spon:1)
Int Medicine (Gen:8, SC:1, ST:1, RA:1, OPH:1, Spon:2, FN:2)
Medical Microbiology (Gen:1, SC:1, ST:1, OBC:1, Spon:1, FN:1)
Nuclear Medicine (Gen:1,OBC:1)
Obst. & Gynaecology (Gen:2, SC:1, FN:1)
Ophthalmology (Gen:1, OBC:1, FN:1)
Ortho Surgery (Gen:4, OBC:1)
Pathology (Spon:1, FN:1)
Paediatrics (GEN:6, SC:1, RA:1, ST:1, OPH:1,Spon:2,OBC:2, FN:1)
Pharmacology (Gen:1, OBC:1,Spon:1, FN:1)
Psychiatry (Gen:3, SC:1, OBC:1, FN:1)
Radiodiagnosis (Gen:3, SC:1)
Radiotherapy (Gen:1, FN:1)
Gen. Surgery (Gen:8, SC:1, ST:2, RA:1, FN:1)
Transfusion Medicine (Gen:1, OBC:1 Spon:1)
2. First Year Junior Residents (House Job) for Oral Health Sciences (Gen:2)
3. Master in Hospital Administration (MHA) (Gen: 1)
4. DM / MCh.
Gastroenterology (Gen: 3)
Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery (Gen:4)
Paediatric Surgery (Gen: 3, Spon:2)
Clinical Pharmacology (Gen:2, Spon:1)
Pulmonary Medicine (Gen:2)
Plastic Surgery (Gen:1)
Surgical Gastroentrology (Gen:1)
5. Ph.D Programme
Anaesthesia, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Comm Medicine, Cytology, Cardiology, ENT, Exp Medicine & Biotechnology, Immunopathology, Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Haematology, Medical Microbiology, Nuclear Medicine, Nephrology, Neurosurgery, Orthosurgery, Parasitology, Pharmacollogy, Psychiatry, Pediatric Surgery, Transfusion Medicine, Transplant Surgery, Virology, Urology.
6. M.Sc./ Certificate Courses
1. M.Sc. Medical Technology Histopathology: 1
2. M.Sc. Medical Technology Immunopathology:2
3. M.Sc. Medical Technology Cytopathology:2
4. M.Sc. Medical Technology Haematology:2
5. M.Sc. Medical Technology Bacteriology & Mycology:2
6. M.Sc. Medical Technology Parasitology:2
7. M.Sc. Medical Technology Virology:2
8. M.Sc. Medical Technology Pharmacology:1
9. M.Sc. Medical Technology Biotechnology:2
10. M.Sc. Medical Technology Radiodiodiagnosis:1
11. M.Sc. Medical Technology Radiotherapy:2
12. Certificate course in Immunopathology:(Spon:2)
13. Post MD Certificate Course in Med. Biotechnology (Spon:5)
14. Post MD Certificate course in Cytpathology (Gen:2, Spon:1)
15. M.Sc. Pharmacology (Gen:1)
16. M.Sc. Speech & Hearing (Gen:2, Spon:1)
1.For all courses, where MBBS/BDS is an eligible requirement, the candidate who have made more than one attempt (i.e. have more than one failure, compartment or reappear) during their MBBS / BDS career, are not eligible. For DM/M.Ch., courses, the candidates who have made mroe than one attempt in MBBS/MD/MS career are not eligible. However, those belonging to Sch. Caste/Tribes with upto two attempts in their MBBS/BDS career will be eligible for MD/MS, and MDS, House Job in Oral Health Sciences.
2.The candidates completing internship after 31.12.2008 are not eligible for course No. 1, 2 and 3.
3.The number of seats wherever indicated are provisional and may increase/decrease without any prior notice.
4.The course at Sr. No. 6 (1-13) are only for Sponsored / Deputed Candidates.
5.A candidate applying for more than one subject/course except category – 1 & 2 is required to submit separate application complete in all respect for reach subject / course.
6.The candidates may apply in the form downloaded (for Sr. No. 1 to 4) at http://pgimer.nic.in together with requisite fee by Demand Draft in the name of Director, PGI. The prescribed application forms alongwith prospectuses (Brochure of Information) are also available from the office of the undersigned either personally on payment of Rs.500/- for GENERAL/OBC/OPH category and Rs.400/- for SC/ST at the counter (Kairon Block, Room No. 307) from 10.30 AM to 12.30 PM. And from 2.30 PM to 3.30 PM on all working days except Saturdays (On Saturdays, forms will be available from 10.30 AM to 12.00 Noon) or by post for which the request must be accompanied with a self addressed thick envelope of size 24×15 cm bearing postage stamps of Rs.30/- and Bank Draft preferable form any SBI branch payable at SBI Medical Institute Branch (Code No. 1524), Chandigarh for GENERAL/OBC/OPH Rs.500/- and for SC/ST Rs.400/- (indicating category i.e. General or SC/ST) drawn in faovur of the Director, PGI, Chandigarh. However, prospectus of DM/M.Ch. will be available for Rs. 500/- only as there is no reservation for the same.
TENTATIVE DATES OF EXAMINATIONS
House Job (Oral Health Sceinces) : 02-12-2008 (Tuesday)
MD/MS: 13-12-2008 (Saturday)
DM/M.Ch/MHA: 18-12-2008 (Thursday)
1) It is the interest of the candidate to send the application through Registered/Speet Post.
2) No request for the supply of form by Post will be entertained after 22.10.2008
3) Fees once paid will not be refunded.