ALL INDIA ENTRANCE EXAMINATION FOR ADMISSION TO MBBS/BDS COURSE, 2009 UNDER 15% MERIT POSITIONS IN MEDICAL/DENTAL COLLEGES.
Applications are invited in the prescribed form for All India Pre-Medical / Pre-Dental Entrance Examination (AIPMT) 2009 to be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi as per the following schedule for admission to 15% of the total seats for Medical/Dental Courses in all Medical/Dental colleges run by the Union of India, State Governments, Municipal or other local authorities in India except in the States of Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir :-1. AIPMT 2009 Preliminary Examination - 5th April, 2009 (Sunday)
2. AIPMT 2009 Final Examination - 10th May , 2009 (Sunday
ALL INDIA PRE-MEDICAL/PRE-DENTAL ENTRANCE EXAMINATION-2009
Sale of Information Bulletin and Application Form at notified branches of Canara Bank / Regional Offices, CBSE
Sale of Information Bulletin and Application Form by post from CBSE, AIPMT Unit
Online submission of Application form
22-10-2008 (10.00 a.m. )
Last Date of receipt of filled-in Application Forms for both Offline and Online application at CBSE, AIPMT Unit
Date of AIPMT Examination :
Preliminary (AIPMT) 2009
5th April, 2009 (First Sunday)
Declaration of AIPMT Result
Preliminary (AIPMT) 2009
3rd week of April, 2009
(i) He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S./B.D.S. Course and is an INDIAN NATIONAL.
(ii) The upper age limit for All India Pre-Medical /Pre-Dental Entrance Examination is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of the entrance examination. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Schedule Tribes/Other Backward Classes.
(iii) The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Examination shall be limited to 3 (three) uniformly for all the candidates.
- The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination. In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for General Candidates. Those who are taking plus two examination in 2009 can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later.
- 15% seats for SC candidates and 7.5% seats for ST candidates are reserved in 15% All India Quota for MBBS/BDS courses. The reservation will be made as per the 2200 point reservation roster.
Further, in pursuance of the Hon’ble Supreme Court order dated 10-04-2008 and according to the instructions issued by the Ministry of Human Resource Development vide O.M No.1-1-2005-UIA/847 dated 20-04-2008 it has been decided to implement OBC reservation in phased manner on the pro-rata basis in respect of seats being contributed to the All India Quota by the Central Education Institutions only.
A candidate can apply for the All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Examination in any of the following two ways:-
Offline submission of Application Form may be made on the prescribed Application Form. The Information Bulletin and Application Form costing Rs.600/- (including Rs.100/- as counselling fee) for General & OBC Category Candidates and Rs.350/- (including Rs.100/- as counselling fee) for SC/ST Category Candidates inclusive of counseling fee can be obtained against Cash Payment between 22-10-2008 to 01-12-2008 from any of the branches of Canara Bank/ Regional Offices of the CBSE as mentioned below.
Online submission of application may be made by accessing the Board’s website www.aipmt.nic.in from 22-10-2008 (10.00 A.M.) to 01-12-2008 (5.00 P.M.). Candidates are required to take a print of the Online Application after successful submission of data. The print out of the computer generated application, complete in all respect as applicable for Offline submission should be sent to the Deputy Secretary (AIPMT), Central Board of Secondary Education, Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre, Preet Vihar, Delhi-110 301 by Speed Post/Registered Post only. Fee of Rs.600/-(including Rs.100/- as counseling fee) for General and OBC Category Candidates and Rs.350/- (including Rs.100/- as counselling fee) for SC/ST Category Candidates may be remitted in the following ways :
- By credit card, or
- Through Demand Draft in favour of the Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi drawn on any Nationalized Bank payable at Delhi. Instructions for Online submission of Application Form will be made available on the website www.aipmt.nic.in.
Candidate must ensure that the Application Form along with original Demand Draft should reach to the Board on or before the last date i.e. 04-12-2008.
The Information Bulletin and Application Form can also be obtained by Speed Post/Registered Post by sending a written request with a Demand Draft for Rs.650/- for General & OBC Category Candidates and Rs.400/- for SC/ST Category Candidates payable to the Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi along with a Self Addressed Envelope of size 12” x 10”. The request must reach the Deputy Secretary (AIPMT), CBSE, 2, Community Centre, Preet Vihar, Delhi-110 301 on or before 21-11-2008. Request received thereafter will not be entertained. The request should be super scribed as “Request for Information Bulletin and Application Form for AIPMT, 2009”.
- Candidates must obtain Application Forms from the designated branches of Canara Bank and Regional Offices of CBSE only in cash. Application Form obtained from an unauthorized source will be REJECTED.
- Completed Application Form is to be despatched by Registered Post/Speed Post only and not by courier.
- Last Date for receipt of completed Application Forms for both Offline and Online in CBSE is 04-12-2008.
- Applications received after 04-12-2008 will not be accepted irrespective of the date of booking.
Detailed information is available on Board’s website www.aipmt.nic.in