by Mr. Arun Kulshrestha
Ques 1 -12 [1.5 marks] / Ques 13-25 [3 marks] / Ques 26-40 x 4.5 marks
-ve marks are one third
Test duration 2 hour
1.Which of the following compounds can exhibit tautomerism?
2.Tautomerism is not exhibited by:
3.Which will show tautomerism:
4.Tautomerism is exhibited by
5.Total possible structural isomers(not stereo) of C4H6 are:
6.Increasing order of expected enol content
7.Increasing order of expected keto content
8. Hydrogenation of the above compound in the presence of posioned palladium catalyst gives:
9.Which of the following is an example of substitution reaction:
10.List the following alkoxide nucleophile in decreasing order of their SN2 reactivity:
11.Which will not undergo substitution bySN1:
12.Identify the set of reagents/reaction conditions 'X' and 'Y' in the following set of transformations:
13. The nodal plane in the-bond of ethene is lacated in:
(1) The Molecular
(2) A plane parallel to the molecular plane
(3) a plane perpendicular to the molecular plane which bisects the carbon-carbon sigma bond at right angle.
(4) a plane perpendicular to the molecular plane which contains the carbon-carbon sigma bond.
14. (CH3)4+N is neither an electrophile or a nucleophile because it:
(1) Does not have electron pair for donation as well as cannot attract electron pair
(2) Neither has electron pair available for donation nor can accommodateelectron since all shell of N are fully occupied.
(3) Can act as Lewis acid or base.
(4) none of these
15. In the dehydration reaction:
the hybridization state of carbon changes from:
16. A compound X (C5H8) reacts with ammoniacal AgNO3 to give a white precipitate,and on oxidation with hot alkaline KMnO4 gives the acid,(CH3)2CHCOOH.Therefore,X is:
(2) CH3(CH2)2C CH
(3) (CH3)2 CH-C CH
17.What is the decreasing order of the strength of the bases OH-,NH2-,H-C C- and CH3CH2-?
(1)CH3-CH2-> NH2-> H-C C-> OH-
(2)H-C C-> CH3-CH2-> NH2-> OH-
(3)OH-> NH2-> HC C-> CH3-CH2-
(4)NH2-> H-C C-> OH-> CH3-CH2-
18.Water can be added across a triple bond in the presence of :
19. Among the following,the compound that can be most readily sulphonated is:
20.Which of the following reagents cannot be used as the basis for a simple chemical test for distinbuishing but-1-ene from CH3CH2CH2CH2OH?
(2) Dilute aqueous KMnO4
(3) CrO3/aqueous H2SO4
(4) Na in liquid NH3
21. Benzyl chloride (C6H5CH2Cl)can be prepared from toluene by chlorination with:
22.Which of the following reactions are not expected to give
23. Which of the following will give trans-diols
24. The final in the following sequence of reaction is:
(b) HC C-CH3
25. Which of the following orders regarding the acidity of aromatic acids is correct?
(1) p-nitrobenzoic acid <>p-anthranilic acid
(2) p-nitrobenzoic acid > benzoic acid > p-anthranilic acid
(3) p-nitrobenzoic acid > benzoic acid < p-anthranilic acid
(4) p-nitrobenzoic acid <> p-anthranilic acid
26.Which of the following are correct?
28.The following reaction is called
29. Nitrobenzene can be prepared from benzene by using a mixture of concentrated HNO3 and concentrated H2SO4.In the nitrating mixture,HNO3 acts as:
30.Which of the following structures will not have 4electrons?
31. The most strained cycloalkane is:
32.Among the following statements on the nitration of aromatic compounds,the false one is:
The rate of nitration of benzene is almost the same as that of hexadeuterobenzene
The rate of nitration of toluene is greater than that of benzene
The rate of nitration of benzene is greater than that of hexadeuterobenzene
Nitration is an electrophilic substitution reaction.
33.Which of the following conpounds will exhibit geometrical isomerism?
 Oxime of benzaldehyde
 Oxime of acetone
 Both (b) and (c)
34. The halogen which is more reactive in the halogenation of alkanes in sunlight is:
35.The reduction of an alkyne to alkane using lithium metal in liquid ammonia as solvent results into:
 cis addition of hydrogen atoms
 trans addition of hydrogen atoms
 Both cis and trans additions of hydrogen atoms.The relative amount of the two depends on temperature.
 Both cis and trans additions of hydrogen atoms.The relative amount depend on the nature of alkyne.
36.Which cycloalkane has the lowest heat of combustion per CH2 group?
37.Which of the following will give three mono-bromo derivatives?
 All can give
38.The addition of HBr to an alkene in the presence of peroxide is the example of:
 electrophilic addition reaction
 nucleophilic addition reaction
 free radical addition reaction
 the formation of carbonation as an intermediate
39.The major product obtained in the reaction
40.The treatment of with NalO4 or boiling KMnO4 produces:
41.What are the products obtained by ozonolysis of RCH=CR1R2
42.Which of the following compounds do not exhibit geometrical isomerism?
43. Choose the compound which is not a nucleophile:
44. Which of the following order regarding the acidity of aromatic acids is correct?
(1) benzoic acid< p-toluic acid< p- hydroxybenzoic acid
(2) benzoic acid> p-toluic acid> p- hydroxybenzoic acid
(3) benzoic acid> p-toluic acid< p- hydroxybenzoic acid
(4) benzoic acid<> p- hydroxybenzoic acid
45. The treatment of benzene with benzoyl chloride in the presence of AlCl3 gives:
47.Methane is obtained when:
 sodium propionate is heated with sodalime
 idomethane is reduced
 magnesium carbide reacts with water
 potassium acetate is electrolysed
48.1,2-dimethylcyclopentane can be represented as I,II and III.
49.Which of the following are cumulative dienes?
None of these
50.Which of the following is Wurtz-Fittig reaction ?
51.Orbital angular momentum of an electron in 2s orbital is -
52.A Mo atom in its ground state has a 4d5 5s1 and a Ag atom 4d10 5s1 configuration.This is because a shell which is half filled or completely filled is particularly:
 strongly exchange destabilised
 weakly exchange stabilised
 weakly exchange destabilised
 strongly exchange stabilised
53.An f-shell containing 6 unpaired electron have no. of exchange
54. Choose the arrangement which show the increasing value of e/m for e,p,n and particle:
55.In which of the following orbital probability of finding electron in XY plane will be zero
56.After np6 electronic configuration,the next orbital filled will be:
57.Which of the following transitions are not allowed in the normal electronic emission spectrum of an atom?
58.The de Broglie wavelength relates to applied voltage as :
59. The line spectra of two elements are not identical because:
 The elements do not have the same number of neutrons
 They have different mass numbers
 Their outermost electrons are different energy levels
 all of the above
60.Four different sets of quantum numbers for 4 electrons are given below:
e1 = 4,0,0- ,e2 = 3,1,1,-
e3 = 3,2,2+ ,e4 = 3,0,0,+
The order of energy of e1,e2,e3 and e4 is:
61.In the following transition, which is correct
62.Which orbital is represented by wave function 310?
63.The set of quantum numbers for 19th electron of chromium (Z=24) is:
64.When principal quantum number n increases then the difference between two adjacent energy levels
 Remain constant
 Increases in Hydrogen atom will
 Increases and decreases both
65.For the atomic radius of the order of 10-8 cm and nuclear radius of the order of 10-13 cm.The fraction of atom occupied by the nucleus will be:
10-13 x atomic volume
10-14 x atomic volume
10-15 x atomic volume
10-16 x atomic volume
66.For a particular value of azimuthal quantum number the total number of magnetic quantum number value are given by
67.Which of the following have minimum Debroglie wave length
68.In the ground state of Cu2-,the number of shells occupied ,subshells occupied,filled orbitals and unpaired electrons respectively are:
69.Which one of the following will not form amphoteric oxide?
70.Which of the following electronic configuration is correct for outer most orbit of Alkali metal
71.Correct order of Electronegativity is-
72. The chloride of an element A given neutral solution in Water.The element A belongs to the group-
73.Correct order of b.p. is-
74.Which of the following have maximum difference in radius
75.Which of the following has maximum density-
76.Which one is most stable:-
77.Which one is strongest reducing ion?
78.Hydration energy of Mg2+ is greater than the Hydration energy of
79.Which of the following has maximum non metallic Character?
80.The correct order of increasing electronegativity is?
81.Which concept best explains the fact the o-nitrophenol is more volatile than p-nitrophenol?
82.Bond order of NOmolecule is :-
83.Sugar solution in water have
84.Which one of the following has positive dipole Moment?
85. In [Cu(NH3)4]SO4,Hybridization of Cu is:-
86.In CH3COCl,the orbital used for bond formation by the carbon which is surrounded,is
87.Hydrogen bond is not present in-
88.Which of the following has pyramidal shape?
89.Resonance hybrid of Nitrate ion is :-
90.Electronic formula of COCl2 is :-
91.Which of the following species contain covalent and co-ordinate bonds?
92.Which one has maximum boiling point :-
93.Correct decreasing order of Bond Angle in following Hydrides is :-
94.Which have unpaired electron in KO2,AlO2-,BaO2 and NO2+
95.N2 is less reactive than CN- due to
 More electron in orbitals
 difference in spin quantum number
 Absence of dipole moment
 None of these
96. Which one has maximum melting point :-
97.In the following which one is Lewis Acid:-
98.Increasing order of bond strength in O2,O2-O22- and O2+ is -
99.Which of the following molecules has maximum C-C atomic distance :-
100.Which one of the following is soluble in water?