- It is behavior that is potentially harmful to self or others.
- Behavior relating to consumption and abuse of psychotropic drugs or commonly used medicines like cough syrups, sleeping pills, painkillers, without prescription.
- Behavior related to smoking and consumption of alcohol. Self-harming behavior like Suicide, Wrist slashing, Hitting self, Starving deliberately etc.
- Harm to others in the form of abusive and aggressive behavior like rash driving or violence to others in any form.
- No medication for High performance.
Dos & Don’ts
v Discourage the behavior.
v Keep communication channels open
v Talk about the negative and long-term effects.
v Teach (quick) relaxation/breathing
v Teach anger management
v Teach to evaluation consequences.
v Talk about the need for sharing this information with parents/teachers.
v Make the child understand that monitoring by parents or counselors is essential for early recovery.
v Do no prescribe medication.
v Do not punish or reprimand harshly.
v Do not moralize or made person feel guilty. Help him to think of it as a problem needing help.
v Assertively say ‘No’ to student’s demands for taking drugs like cough syrup, pills etc. to relieve anxiety or improve concentration. Even short-term, temporary relief with the help of these drugs should be highly discouraged.
Realated Topics :