I have seen that a lot of you recently came here looking for HINTS AND TIPS on how to tackle the CBSE Class XII Chemistry paper so here it goes:
1. Try to finish all your study a day before the paper (by study I mean - all the theory you want)
2. DO THE CBSE SAMPLE PAPERS (VVVV important - the question paper is set in a similar fashion
3. DO as many examples and questions from the NCERT as possible (aim at variety!)
4. This should prepare you well for the exam ->
5. Numericals I know can be a little decieving but don;t bother - in the exam they won;t be tough - although a couple might have some small trick!
Do the derivations properly!
On the exam day <>
1. Take a shower, no matter how late you get up - or even if you didn't sleep at all --- a shower revitalizes your mind (use a menthol shampoo - if you have one).
2. Study on the way to the EXAM center - even if you are well prepared - just read some examples while you are on the move - this keeps the mind active - and it does not have to boot up in the class room. (you don;t miss out on any new ideas)
3. During the 15 minutes reading period : Look through the first few pages - and try to visualize the answers in mind (be quick - don't start solving a numerical -- just see the solution steps)
- This would help you glide through the first two pages of the Question paper(when you start the paper, that is) - and a GOOD start is all you need!
4. Even if you don't know a question and feel as if you can get some help from your friends or can give some help to a needful -- DO NOT. I made the same mistake - it is stupid to do so in the middle of the exam - because you waste time looking for an oopurtunity to peep and poke!
Instead - finish all you can first. And then I am sure there'll be time for you to ask your peers or to dawn the mantle of Mother Teresa!
5. Keep your chin up - there are no IIT level questions here - YOU CAN solve all of them (i.e. if you have read something on the topic) . . .
6. Do them all - even if partially - because you get points to attempt the QUESTIONS -- but DO not annoy the checker - by writing stupid stuff (don't destroy your image in the eyes of the checker - attempt them wisely)... but do attempt all the questions.
7. Think from the perspective of the CHECKER - make life easy for her/him :
Draw margins - leave ample space after each answer - underline the answer - and the important parts --- YOu make it easy for her - she'll make it easier for you ;)
8. GOOD LUCK!