Sample Paper – 2008
Class – X
Subject – Social Studies
Maximum marks: 80 Time taken: 3hrs
1.There are 30 questions in all.
2. Attempting all the questions is compulsory.
3. There are 10 I mark question and internal choice has been provided in some areas.
4.Accurate and neat marking in case of maps is essential.
1. Which is the leading producer of bauxite in
2. Name any 2 countries comprising Indo-China. (1/2+1/2 = 1)
3.Who wrote the book “ Istri Dharam Vichar” ? (1)
4.Mention any 2 provisions of the secularist ideals put forward
by the constitutional assembly? (1)
(a) Patriarchy (b) Casteism (1)
6.How are minerals formed in sedimentary rocks? (1)
7. Why was the scholars revolt started and when? (1)
8. Why is per capita income calculated differently in different
9. When and why was the international earth summit launched
10. Name the nodal ministry which coordinates biological disasters. (1)
GROUP – A
11. Give a short note about the role of religious communities in the anti-imperialist struggle in
12. What were the effects of the second world war on
GROUP – B
11. Give all the causes of great depression in
12. Why was hand labour preferred than machines in
11. Explain how print culture assisted the growth of nationalism in
12. Briefly explain the methods adopted by the producers in
13. “ Political parties play a vital role in democracy.” Justify the statement.(3)
14.Give the advantages of bio-technology in agriculture. (3)
15.How did the first world war promote the Indian industries? (3)
16. Write the characteristic features of Ho Chi Minh trail. (3)
17. What are the challenges faced by sugar industry and mention some of the products of sugar. (3)
18. Explain how caste influences politics in a democracy? (3)
19. Mention some of advantages of roadways over railways (4)
20. What are were the challenges faced by the newly elected republic in
21. Who was Alluri Sitaram Raju? Mention some of his main
22.Read the following extract from the text book sand answer the following questions:
The independence day pledge
(1) In what two ways was the british rule in
(2) Explain the immediate effects of
Briefly explain how the physical factors influence the distribution of railways in
23. Why is sustainable development essential? What is the reason behing low infant mortality rate in Kerala. (4)
24. Explain the role of Central government in protecting people
from disasters. (4)
25. What was the vernacular press act ? Why was it passed?
(b) What was the role of women in Civil disobedience movement. (4)
26. MNC’s play a major role in globabilisation process. How? (4)
27. What are the steps taken in
28. Why is mineral conservation essential ?
(b) How does terrace farming restrict soil erosion in hilly areas. (4)
29.Answer the following map: ( 4 x ½ = 2)
(1) An iron and steel plant in Jharkhand
(2) Sofware technology park – Jaipur.
(3) Leading oil field in
(4) Nagarjuna sagar dam.
30. Answer the following questions on Map: (4 x 1 = 4)
(5) Subash Chandra Bose airport.
(6) Place for no tax campaign.
(7) Oldest nuclear power station
(8) Amarkantak – Bauxite producing area.
ALL THE BEST